Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Potato What Salad

My new favorite take on a summer classic, Potato What Salad! I love to eat and I like to cook but sometimes the things I grow all come due for harvest at different times and I'm left with having to be creative to use my harvest while it's fresh. So last week I had cilantro that needed harvesting, white bunching onions, string beans and potatoes. This is what I made.
Potato What Salad
  •  6-8  cubed new potatoes, mine were purple potatoes but you can use baby red or baby white too
  •  Two large handfuls of string beans chopped
  • One large white bunching onion, or 1/2 cup scallions or chives
  • 1/2 cup of cilantro chopped
  • 2 tablespoons mayonaise
  • sea salt to taste
Boil potatoes until soft, drain, cool and set aside. Chop string beans, cilantro and onions, mix in a bowl with mayo and salt. Once potatoes are cool add to the chopped mix and cool in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy! The raw string beans and onions give a great crunch and zing to the salad, and the cilantro gives it a very fresh tatse.
 Baby potatoes, burgundy, yellow and green bush beans

No comments:

Post a Comment